Welcome the New Windows 8 : Screenshots, Features and Downloads
So, finally the wait is over and as you might know, Microsoft has officially announced their new operating system named Windows 8 and as we saw the keynote live, it was looking stunning and better than ever with tons of new features, exciting new graphics and amazing hardware support. We here at Windows.SkotGat bringing you all the details about Windows 8 and also the latest download links of Windows 8.
According to Microsoft, Windows 8 has been redesigned “from the chipset to the experience” and now boots up in a much shorter time than its predecessor, Windows 7. Check out what features it has got for you guys! I think, its going to be a sensation in this OS war.
- All Windows 7 applications will run natively on Windows 8
- New “Reset and Refresh PC” functions enable simplified system wipe and restore
- SkyDrive storage support integrated into all cloud-based apps
- Metro-style refresh for Mail, Photos, Calendar and People apps with Windows Live ID
- Even a Lenovo S10 (first-gen Atom + 1GB of RAM) can “run” Windows 8
- Built-in antivirus software will ship in Windows 8
- ARM devices will be supported, but not in the developer preview
- Windows 8 only takes about 210 MB of RAM to run at its base level, apparently
- Logging in with Windows Live will get you all of your settings on another Windows 8 device
- Windows 8 tablets have 3G
- The new Internet Explorer 10 designed for Windows 8.
- Windows phone 7 integration with Windows 8.
- New options for multiple monitors: you can put different apps on different taskbars on different monitors.
How to Download Windows 8
Well, Microsoft has not announced any specific date for the final version of Windows 8 but they’ve already released the Developer preview version for the developers and beta testers and it will be available without any support and it will not require any activation. Good thing is that it will get all the update released by Microsoft for Windows 8.
- Download 64 bit Windows 8 Developer Preview with developer tools (4.8 GB)
- Download 64 bit Windows 8 Developer Preview (3.6 GB)
- Download 32 bit Windows 8 Developer Preview (2.8 GB)
Windows Developer Preview works great on the same hardware that powers Windows Vista and Windows 7:
- 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
- 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
- DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver
- Taking advantage of touch input requires a screen that supports multi-touch