All You Need To Know About The New iPhone 5
The most waited device is finally officially announced. It’s called the ‘ iPhone 5 ‘ which has been the word murmured by thousands of people since several months and today it’s finally here. “We’re going to change phones forever again today. It’s a jewel”, the most beautiful product we’ve ever made.” says Apple. Surprisingly, most of the rumors proved to be true about the iPhone 5 here at San Francisco. Let’s have a look at the new specifications and features of this new iPhone 5.
The new iPhone 5 features a 4″ Retina display (1136 x640 resolution) with 326ppi, 16:9 aspect ratio which adds up a 5th row of icons and is entirely made up of glass and aluminium. It’s 7.6mm thin and weighs only 112g, which makes it 20% lighter than the iPhone 4S. The new resolution is 1136×640, just as the rumors predicted. It makes sense since, the screen is a bit taller, and that preserves the overall pixel ratio.
The iSight camera features a 8MP sensor with backside illumination. It allows 1080p HD video recording, face detection and capturing images while recording.The five element lens has an Hybrid IR filter and also there’s a dynamic low light mode which evaluates nearby pixels to give up to 2 f-stops greater low-light performance.
- There’s a new feature Shared Photo Streams. You can share a series of photos with friends and family to share and comment. They have also introduced the Panorama mode lately but it’s finally in and looks really good.
The FaceTime front facing camera is HD now with 720p, backside illuminated which also allows face detection and to use FaceTime over cellular calls too.
[Note]Introducing the new A6 Chip[/Note]
The iPhone 5 is loaded with the new A6 chip which claims a 2X performance increase and 2X faster graphics compared to the A5. This chip allows better low-light performance and 40% faster photo capture. It’s also 22% smaller, which also means a well manufacturing process.
- The speed stats go like this, it launches pages apps 2.1x faster, save images 1.7x faster, loads music apps with songs 1.9x faster and views keynote attachments 1.7x faster.
[Note] Enhanced Battery Life and Improved Audio System[/Note]
- Apple launches it’s new mapping software which promotes landscape cinematic and the 3D city views look awesome too.
- With the new iCloud tabs feature, you can share your tabs from your desktop to your phone.
- Passbook is a service that manages you tickets (movies, airlines etc…). The boarding passes will be accessible from the lockscreen as well as users will turn their phones off while queuing. This is really cool.
- Push notifications for photos for liking and commenting on a photo but not integrated with Facebook, that’s bad.
- Now Siri is far more faster than the one introduced earlier. As Forstall asked a question, Siri pulled off the info in no time without any lag.
[Note]Pricing And Availability [/Note]
That’s what we have in brief about the all new iPhone 5. Interestingly, a lot of the rumors, and certainly the ones about the design were spot-on. It will be available in two colors, black and white. The white version has a raw aluminum back. The black one has the black anodized backing. A bit disappointing keynote by Apple in my point of view because it has exactly sticked to the rumors and also nothing SO-fantasizing about the new features or the specifications which have been introduced in the new iPhone 5. Well Nokia Lumia 920 might stand a good chance here to compete with Apple this time around. Stay tuned for more updates!