Install Windows 8 Using VMware Fusion 4
Dear Windows.Skotgat readers, after taking a sneak peak into the new Windows 8, I am now trying to explain the method with which you can install Windows 8 virtually on VMware as you did using Virtual Box. SO, here is my quick and simple tutorial on how to install Windows 8 using VMware fusion 4.
Installation of Windows 8 works smoothly on VMware and it is quite a simple one. Just make sure that you’re having the latest VMware fusion version 4 because it doesn’t work with the older versions of it like 3.1.3 etc. Below is what you have to do :
- Download VMware Fusion 4 for Mac OS X, costs $49.99 through the end of 2012 (discounted pricing). There is a 30-day free trial.
- Download Windows 8 Developer Preview
- Install and run VMware Fusion 4 and create a new virtual machine
- Continue without disc
- Select the ISO file and choose Windows 7 as the operating system from the drop down list
- Keep the default configuration like 60GB HDD, 1GB RAM
- Start the machine and continue with the installation process.
- You’re done! Enjoy.
My experience with Windows 8 on VMware
If I compare this install with my previous installed Windows 8 on Virtual box, this one looks more smooth, seamless and my mac doesn’t lack performance while using this version. According to me, I would prefer installing using VMware instead of virtual box at any given day. Cheers